Dec 14, 2017

George Clooney gifted 14 of his closest friends $1 million each


George Clooney, 56, reportedly once gifted his closest friends a million dollars each for no reason other than the fact that they were his friends.

One of his best friends Rande Gerber, Cindy Crawford’s husband, revealed this during an interview on US show Headliners. Gerber said Clooney once decided to give back for all the good his friends had done him with the incredible gesture.
The businessman said that Clooney had called the group and said: "Hey, mark September 27th, 2013, on your calendar. Everyone’s going to come to my house for dinner."

Gerber explained that when they arrived, they each received designer black luggage, which was waiting for them on the table.
He said: "George begins to say, 'Listen, I want you guys to know how much you’ve meant to me and how much you mean to me in my life. I came to L.A., I slept on your couch. I’m so fortunate in my life to have all of you and I couldn’t be where I am today without all of you. So, it was really important to me that while we’re still all here together, that I give back. So I want you all to open your suitcases.'"

They opened their suitcases as instructed and what they found was a big stash of cash.

Gerber continued: "We open it up, and it’s a million dollars in $20 bills. Every one of us — 14 of us — got a million dollars. Every single one of us. We’re in shock. Like, what is this? He goes, 'I know we’ve all been through some hard times, some of you are still going through it. You don’t have to worry about your kids, you don’t have to worry about, you know, school, you don’t have to worry about paying your mortgage.'"

The actor didn't stop there. He went on to announce that in addition to the 1 million dollars, he had also paid all of their taxes so they wouldn't need to pay tax on the money he gifted them.

Gerber said he was uncomfortable taking the money considering that he was a billionaire himself so he pulled Clooney aside and told him he couldn't take it and what Goerge did next was phenomenal.

George told them: "I’m just going to make one announcement. If Rande doesn’t take the million dollars, nobody gets it"

Gerber thought about one of the men in their midst who works in a bar and rides a bicycle to work just to support his family, so he took the money and gave it all to charity.

Now, who doesn't want friends like George Clooney!

No comments:

Post a Comment